Why choose Keen Tours?
We are a small family business hoping to make the best out of our passion for the Peneda-Gerês National Park and the desire to share it with everyone. We believe that the uniqueness of these mountains full of life should be enjoyed by anyone who wants to experience this delicate balance without putting it at risk.
Our tours include pick-up and drop-off at accommodation in Porto, meal, snacks, insurance, guide… all designed so you can enjoy an unforgettable day without worries. Learn more about us here and choose your favorite tour here.
As keen hikers, we explored most of this territory, and so we ended up knowing this area like few. And we feel that the uniqueness of these mountains full of life should be enjoyed by anyone who wants to experience this delicate balance without putting it at risk. As for Braga, we feel lucky to be able to experience the uniqueness of this city and are always eager to show it around to visitors.
We embrace sustainability as a way of life and we make our business decisions based on the same principle. So, at Keen Tours:
- we go as local as we can to reduce our ecological footprint as well as to contribute to local economy; and we choose small businesses, cooperatives and NGO over big companies whenever we’re able. Check out our suppliers’ map;
- we contribute to Nature Conservation: 2,00€ of each client goes straight to a fund to be applied in projects or actions to protect our National Park – for example: a donation to help the protection of the wolf, a project to plant local trees in an area destroyed by fire or the cleaning of a trail. Learn more here.
Plus, all our tours are designed to allow you to enjoy the day without any worries. We guarantee:
- insurance – you’re covered from the moment you step inside our car;
- pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation – either in a Renault 4L or our SUV with air-conditioning system, all seats facing forward and safety seats for young kids;
- half or full-day tour;
- small group tours with English or Portuguese speaking guide (ask for a qute for French and Russian guides)
- a traditional meal at a local restaurant or a picnic plus a bag full of locally produced delights;
- photos & videos – clear your mind and your SD Cards; but if you don’t have a camera, don’t despair! We’ll take loads of pictures and send them to you, anyway.
Just step inside our 4L or SUV and relax – all has been taken care of!
Roam around the site to find the perfect tour for you, and contact us if you have any questions. we’ll get back to you ASAP.